On 13th October 2020 we will be raising money for The Prince’s Trust’s Women supporting Women Brilliant Breakfast initiative. The Brilliant Breakfast will form part of our Gather for Purpose event series, where we come together to support our charity partners.
The breakfast will be the chance for us to come together, over breakfast or a coffee, share stories of women who have helped us thrive and discuss ways we can help support a new generation of young women to do the same. All whilst making a donation to help change a girl’s life in the UK.
After an initial introduction and chat, we will divide off into smaller groups to get to know one another better.
YOUNG WOMEN IN THIS COUNTRY ARE MORE DISADVANTAGED THAN EVER
Young people are among the hardest hit by COVID-19. Prince’s Trust research says over half of young women say their anxiety has increased because of the crisis and say finding a job feels impossible – this is why it’s more important than ever to support young women.
PWC found that 80% of those who have lost their jobs since the crisis began are women and two-thirds of these are aged 18-34 (The Times)
Women are one third more likely to work in a sector that is now shut down than men (Institute of Fiscal Studies)
NO DONATION IS TOO BIG OR TOO SMALL
To attend this event we ask that you register here on Eventbrite and make a minimum donation of £5 to attend our virtual breakfast via this link: JustGiving The Brilliant Breakfast
Once you have registered and donated, you will be sent the Zoom link to join.
You are welcome to donate more and the outline below will give you an idea of the support your donation will provide:
• £5: could pay for a reading module towards an English qualification for 1 young woman
• £10: could teach 1 young woman how to manage their money with a day-long budgeting session
• £25: could help 1 isolated young woman travel to a 2-week course that will help them gain work experience
• £50: could ensure 1 young woman can travel to work in the month before their first paycheque
• £100: could buy the equipment that opens up a lifelong career for 1 young woman on the margins of society – for example to become a chef, a hairdresser, a nail technician
• £250: could provide 1 young woman with the freedom to explore their business idea through a ‘will it work’ grant
• £500: could unlock 1 young woman’s confidence on a 12-week personal development course which builds
• practical and emotional skill to take that next step into work, education or training
• £1,000: could give 5 young women struggling to make ends meet during Covid-19 the laptops they need to further their education
• £5,000: could re-build the confidence and inspire 7 young women from the margins of society on a life-changing residential week
• £10,000: could give 100 young women the equipment that opens up a lifelong career to help them and their families.
Please make sure you make your donation before we meet via JustGiving. Even if you’re unable to join me, it would be wonderful if you still felt able to make a donation.
The Brilliant Breakfast was initiated by Annoushka Ducas MBE, who we are very proud to have as a member of The Women’s Chapter. It is an honour to support The Brilliant Breakfast series and be a part of something so special.
If you can’t make our Brilliant Breakfast, please visit www.thebrilliantbreakfast.co.uk for more information on how to host your own, big or small, and help us raise much needed funds for The Prince’s Trust Women Supporting Women and the young women who need us the most.